Author Interview: JoAnn Arnold

|

To see her beautiful website click here

JoAnn, who are you as a person versus an author?

I'm addicted to Genealogy. I enjoying painting, restoring antiques, reading, crocheting, knitting, quilting (by hand), and I'm a huge fan of Star Trek, Star Gate, Star Wars, etc.

What genre(s) do you write in?

Fiction, Mystery, Fantasy.

Do you seek to educate or entertain?

I think I would have to say that I do both. In each book I've written there is something to be learned, yet I try to make it an entertaining education.

Where do you write your best stuff, and when?

I try to write everyday. I like to close the door to the outside world where I can work without intruption. In the spring, summer, and fall, I may go out on the patio in the morning while the world is quiet except for the birds. Then I move back into my little room. Or if I'm home alone, I might select another room. I have a portable desk and laptop that can be easily moved. I may write from 6:00 p.m. til 2:00 a.m., or from 4:00 a.m. until someone disturbs me. And there are times I can spend most of a day in front of my laptop.

Why do you write?

Even as a little girl, I loved to write poetry or make up stories that I never let anyone else read. In the later years, I loved writing short plays, elementary school musicals, and plays for my Community Theatre. I've always had this giant imagination and I found writing was a way to put it to work.

What do you read?

I love mysteries, Church history, religious doctrine, historical nonfiction and fiction, fantasy,

Vanilla or chocolate?

Chocolate (but it has to be dark chocolate).

Laptop, PC, Mac, longhand, other? Why?

I have a laptop that goes everywhere with me. I like the freedom of being able to write wherever I might plant myself. When we travel, my husband drives, and I sit in the back seat with my laptop.

What is your current book?

My latest book is "Prince Etcheon and the Secret of the Ancient." I like the review sent to Cedar Fort by a 12-year old girl, so I will quote her.

This book is amazing, fabulous, cool, clever. If I had knowledge of all the words that meant I loved it, I would use them. . . . It starts out when Prince Etcheon's Granny Fela dies and he gets a mysterious note that tells him he is the prince of another land and time. He goes to this beautiful, timeless valley where there is a pretty lady name Tarainisafari, who brings comfort and help, along with an ancient tree and some wise, talking animals that each have something to teach Etcheon before he is ready to embark on a quest with a timepiece to rescue his parents, his land and his people from a terrible king and a wizard.

Another reason you should read this book is because it is original. . . . It came right out of the author's head and I don't think anybody else could think of it. It is adventurous and entertaining. The first sentence draws you in. It holds the readers through the whole book. Another reason is, and I feel it is the best, is it is appropriate. There's no swearing or bad stuff. It shows people that mormons aren't that bad because they don't swear or stuff in their books.

One piece of advice/wisdom for the world?

Don't take anybody's word for it. Search out the truth for yourself.

Dogs or cats?

Dogs. (I'm alergic to cats)

What do you want to be remembered for, or as?

I think I want to be remembered as a woman who was not afraid to follow her own path. Who never grew up, and who never grew old. Who, when it was time, simply took the next step . I want to be missed by my children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren because I brought laughter into their lives and love into their hearts.

1 comments:

JoAnn Arnold said...

I love the way you have displayed my picture and the books. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be interviewed on your blog. You have an impressive blog. I could learn from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...